Skip to main content

What are we worshiping?

What do you worship? Not only in the religious sense, but also in your daily life? It is a weird question to ask, but if you really think about it hard enough you'll find that you worship things you don't even intend to. What I mean by worship is in the sense of that either controlling your life or being an everyday part of it at almost every second and basically is just an addiction or bad habit you cannot get rid of or stop. This obviously will differ from person to person and will change as we age and go through life because our tastes change and our outlook on the world along with what surrounds us. I know, for most of this generation at least, it is our mobile devices. Whether it be cell phones, tablets, mobile gaming hardware, virtual reality headsets and whatever else they're inventing now a days. I see a lot of people also being in love with the idea of having wealth, but I mean who wouldn't be? I think most of us can agree we would want to live comfortably with a cushion of money am I right? Me personally I would say it is very hard to be without my phone at the very least I check it like every 10 minutes if I'm not already doing something else with it like listening to music, watching a YouTube video or on social media. Money too I love me my money, but I wouldn't say I do enough to worship it in the sense I do my phone because I am too lazy to work super hard to earn a lot of it and I just spend it once I get it anyway. What I am getting at is that we should take some of the time and energy we use on these things we spend so much time "worshiping" and put it to actually worshiping and spending time with our Creator. It does so much to help us, but its something we neglect so often.

Comments